Reader/Lecturer in Applied Mathematics
03 de Septiembre del 2010 )
The successful candidate will have an excellent research record in an area of Applied Mathematics other than theoretical particle physics or general relativity. Preference may be given to candidates with research interests which mesh with existing ones in the department: continuum mechanics, computational applied mathematics, partial differential equations, mathematical biology/medicine, applied dynamical systems. He or she will be expected to undertake and publish original research of the highest level, to contribute to the research activities of the Applied Mathematics research unit and of the department as a whole, and to undertake teaching and administrative duties as assigned by the Head of Department of Mathematical Sciences. For appointment as Reader candidates must have a substantial record of excellent publications at internationally leading level, experience with postgraduate supervision, and ideally substantial
teaching experience at University level. A record of successful generation of external funding for research projects is highly desirable. We would especially welcome applications from holders of research fellowships.
Interviews expected to take place 27 October 2010.
Contact details: Professor Brian Straughan
Telephone: 0191 3343102
Contact details: Professor Paul Mansfield
Telephone: 0191 3343104
* To carry out research of the highest quality
* To generate external funding for research projects from research councils or industry
* To teach courses and give tutorials at all levels within the Department
* The candidate will be expected to supervise project students at levels 3 or 4
* To supervise postgraduate students
* The candidate may be allocated administrative duties at the discretion of the Head of Department